USDOT Emerging Projects Agreement
On October 28, 2021, Governor Gavin Newsom announced a strategic partnership with the U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) to help facilitate innovative projects and financing opportunities for a network of related supply chain infrastructure improvements.
Under the Emerging Projects Agreement, the Build America Bureau at USDOT will support CalSTA and interested project sponsors in developing California infrastructure projects designed to improve the capacity and resiliency of the goods movement chain and will assist project sponsors in exploring innovative financing opportunities for billions in infrastructure investment through the USDOT credit assistance programs Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) and Railroad Rehabilitation and Improvement Financing (RRIF).
The Emerging Projects Agreement includes an initial list of projects that improve California’s supply chain capacity and resiliency and are ready to begin construction in the next few years. As part of the agreement, CalSTA and USDOT can add and remove projects in the future.
- USDOT-CalSTA Emerging Projects Agreement (PDF)
- CalSTA Letter of Interest to U.S. Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg (PDF)
- Recording of October 28, 2021, media briefing with Biden-Harris Administration Port Envoy John D. Porcari and CalSTA Secretary David S. Kim (YouTube link)
- What They’re Saying: National and Legislative Leaders Laud State-Federal Partnership for Long-Term Port Stability
- Broadband Deployment
- CalSTA Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) Implementation
- Climate Action Plan for Transportation Infrastructure (CAPTI)
- Enforcement and Safety
- Freight, Rail and Border
- State Rail Assistance Program
- Transit and Intercity Rail Capital Program
- Transportation Funding in California
- Transportation and Housing Coordination
- Tribal Relations
- USDOT Emerging Projects Agreement