Welcome to the California State Transportation Agency
California is home to the largest and most complex transportation system in the nation. The California State Transportation Agency (CalSTA) is a cabinet-level agency focused solely on addressing the state’s transportation issues. Learn more information about CalSTA.
Our Departments & Divisions
- Board of Pilot Commissioners (BOPC)
- California Highway Patrol (CHP)
- California Transportation Commission (CTC)
- Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- High-Speed Rail Authority (HSR)
- Office of Traffic Safety (OTS)
- New Motor Vehicle Board (NMVB)
CalSTA on Twitter
SB1 Regional Project Highlight
We are rebuilding California’s roads
Senate Bill 1, the Road Repair and Accountability Act of 2017, was signed into law on April 28, 2017. This legislative package invests $54 billion over the next decade to ﬁx roads, freeways and bridges in communities across California and puts more dollars toward transit and safety. These funds will be split equally between state and local investments.