The mission of the California State Transportation Agency (CalSTA) is to develop and coordinate the policies and programs of the state’s transportation entities to achieve the state’s mobility, safety and air quality objectives from its transportation system.
CalSTA’s vision is to transform the lives of all Californians through a safe, accessible, low carbon, 21st century multimodal transportation system.
The following transportation-related entities are under CalSTA:
- Board of Pilot Commissioners (BOPC)
- California Highway Patrol (CHP)
- California Transportation Commission (CTC)
- Department of Transportation (Caltrans)
- Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
- High-Speed Rail Authority (HSR)
- Office of Traffic Safety (OTS)
- New Motor Vehicle Board (NMVB)
The CalSTA office is located at:
400 Capitol Mall, Suite 2340
Sacramento, California 95814